Re: GeoClue2 DBus service is not listed in d-feet

On 11 October 2013 00:04, Parin Porecha <parinporecha gmail com> wrote:
I'm trying to write a small code in python3 which prints the location of a
user.
I read the API of GeoClue2 and installed geoclue2-git 2.0.0-1 from AUR on my
Arch machine running Gnome 3.8
The problem I'm facing is that geoclue (org.freedesktop.GeoClue2) does not
show up in d-feet.

I use d-feet 0.1.15 and run it from the source directory itself - ./d-feet
-l -a $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

I looked into the .service file of GeoClue2
(/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ Is this the correct one ?), and the
executable listed there is /usr/libexec/geoclue

I ran it manually upon which it gave this error -
(geoclue:10238): Geoclue-CRITICAL **: Failed to acquire name
'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' on system bus or lost it.

On running it as root, it does not give that error, but still doesn't show
up in d-feet

The error message and service file location maybe gave this away
already but... are you aware that Geoclue2 nowadays runs in system
bus, so you need to look there instead of session bus?

HTH,
  Jussi