[Mailman Site List] Emacs Crashes

Gentlemen:
How might I find out why xemacs produces a seg fault only when running in a Gnome Terminal window and only when invoked with a file name parameter? Xemacs works fine when invoked without a file name in a
terminal, and either with or without a file name outside Gnome.  I
have gone through several updates, hoping each would fix the problem,
but nothing has changed for a couple of months.  The seg fault happens
immediately, with the suggestion that I use Bugzilla.  Bugzilla is
completely mystifying, as it has no place to tell you what happens.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
--
Peter Lutz  AA6AV