Re: project location
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- Cc: GNOME Locale mailing list <locale-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: project location
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:02:57 +0430
On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 09:58 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> So, we are blocked on the name again. Humm, what about libg11n?
> Expands to globalization which is the union of i18n and L10n ;),
> and has got a GNU/GNOMEish 'g' and 'n' too.
The term globalization in i18n contexts, has lots of weight. In short,
Microsoft, which doesn't agree to the way these things are named
technically, and wants to somehow connect it to the business side of
things, uses globalization for i18n and l10n.
I would go for calling the whole thing "glocale" (I love the name) and
naming gettext's child something else (if we really want a name for it).
] [Thread Prev