Re: project location

Hi Behdad,

Thanks for this information about gnu.org, sourceforge.net, gnome.org.

Regarding gnu.org:
> a mailing list request may go unreplied for your lifetime,
> and the next /intrusion/ that happens may make you lose your work
> if you do not have personal backups.  As an example, the recent
> raid controller failure at fd.o has left mailman lists broken and
> bugzilla attachments missing.  As the GNU FriBidi maintainer
> since 2002, I still do not know how to update the outdated
> information about my project on gnu.org web pages.

I agree with you: there were big problems two years ago. But it seems to be
much better this year, and the fact that GNU Emacs and several critical
projects are hosted on savannah gives me hope. Also, the CVS in
savannah.gnu.org seems to be faster than the one on sourceforge.net.

> To conclude, yes, I wish I have had not moved FriBidi away from
> sf.net.  The only reason I did was lack of bugzilla.  One more
> plus for GNOME is its very structured, well-maintained, and
> supported bugzilla and the community around that, which happens
> to be an integrated part of efficient development IMHO.

You say this with so much conviction that I come to agree.

I have extracted the glocale part from the GNU gettext CVS, and prepared
a patch that makes it independent of GNU gettext. (Btw, I'm also done with
the LC_MESSAGES locale facet.)

Can you create the project on gnome.org and please add me as a member?

And how do we call the project?
"Locale and Unicode support libraries" is the description.
libglocale will be one part of it; the Unicode Sets are likely to be
a separate library inside the project.
What's the short name of the whole? i18nlibs?

Bruno