Re: [libxml++] Also Have Problems with UTF-8 in Example Code: 'Glib::ConvertError'

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:36 -0400, Nic Reveles gatech edu wrote:
> Is this a problem with freeBSD 8.0 or the example code? Again, thank
> you for your help.

Maybe, yes, someone on the gtkmm-list just said:
"
I remember having some problems with
std::locale::global(std::locale(""));
under FreeBSD 6.x.

Basically, it just abort()ed with:

"locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid".

Something to do with libstdc++/libc incompatibility.
Googling around hints that this issue may affect Darwin (OS X)
too.
"

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2010-March/msg00161.html

I'm afraid you'll have to investigate that yourselves because I am not
using FreeBSD, though if you are lucky then someone will mention a
solution in that gtkmm-list thread.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com