Re: [libxml++] Bug in escaping of characters

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:38:39AM +0100, Loïc Joly wrote:
> I agree that not escaping them in content does no harm. I'm not sure
> wether XML specification allows such a freedom or not.

    Sigh....

  The XML spec defines what is a well-formed XML instance, and yes it
allows " and ' in element content without restrictions. It's shorter to
look up there than make N email exchange over publicly and widely available
information.
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-content
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-CharData
  And anyway it's not a mailing-list post which will be the authoritative
answer to such questions.

Daniel