[libxml++] Re: libxml++ - any Fedora 4 users ?

> I am having a hard time getting libxml++ working on a
> brand new FC4 system. I am using the latest libxml++
> release and I get a SIGSEGV on program start. I guess
> it's a threads related issue but I cannot configure
> libxml++ without threads probably b/c the underlying
> libxml2 was built with threads support.
>
> I was wondering if anybody got this running on fedora
> 4 ? any special tips ?
>
> Frankly, the whole libxml++ configure seems it's a
> mess and Fedora 4 comes with a badly named and old
> rpm.

I'm the new maintainer of libxml++ in Fedora Extras. The new version
is not yet built/available because of problems with the buildsystem,
but I would be glad to know if there are any problems with my proposed
package. Can you try the RPMs you find here:

http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/

and tell me if you come across any problems? I know I use libxml++
with granule, and it seems to be working (at least as far as I can
tell without poking much).

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Zlotniks, INC

"Выслухаў мядзьведзь казку і адарваў сабе хвост."