[libxml++] Mac OS X installation

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get libxml++2 installe dand operational on Mac OS X 10.4?

I have tried with both darwinports - both libxml++, and libxml++2 fail to install. The former fails with

ld: warning -undefined suppress disables -prebind
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol ___eprintf
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a(_eprintf.o) private external definition of ___eprintf in section (__TEXT,__text) /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libstdc++.dylib(single module) definition of ___eprintf
ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___divdi3

and version 2 fails when installing a dependancy xrender

Using fink I managed to get libxml2 installed - however in fink's trasitional tree it only uses gcc-3.3 and I get unresolved symbol errors when trying to link against libxml++2. (typeinfo symbols from the dynamic_casts<>)

Basically, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get this installed on Tiger (10.4) using gcc-4.0 as the default compiler. I have used up all my ideas trying to get this installed, any pointers in the right direction greatfully recieved!

It is exactly what I want to use - The API etc is just so much nicer than xerces...

Cheers
Chris