Re: [libxml++] 2.8.0 needed

> Murray Cumming a écrit :
>
>>Christophe, please don't forget that we need a libxml++ 2.8.0 for GNOME
>>2.8.0 tomorrow (Monday):
>>

> Hi,
>
> I came back from my week-end this morning only. So the release is today.
> The package is ready on the gnome ftp servers.
> Before I do the official announce, can somebody test it ? I did it on my
> computer already but I prefer to double-check.

Thanks.

This is important:

Please change the .so version number from
GENERIC_LIBRARY_VERSION=2:1:1
GENERIC_LIBRARY_VERSION=2:1:0

in configure in:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libxml%2B%2B/configure.in?view=markup

and re-upload the tarball.

It should never have been changed from 2:0:0 to 2:1:1, because that will
require applications to relink. I've made this mistake before, and it's
easy to do, and I'm not completely sure why it's a bad thing, so sorry for
not noticing this before.

Luckily this will only have been a problem in unstable development
releases, which have no guarantees anyway. Compared to 2.6.x, there will
be no problem.

Actually, the library version should never have got to 2:0:0 either.
libxml++ 2.6 was a new library, so it could have started at 1:0:0. But
that's not an actual problem.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com