[libxml++] Licensing

Dear all,

Recently a developper from a big company (I've been asked not to tell which one) contacted be about libxml++ license.

Their legal deparment, to allow the use of a GPLed C++ library, need the copyright owner to clarify a quite simple point, about deriving classes from libxml++.
The clarification has been expressed like this :

"FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF ANY DOUBT, DERIVING SUB-CLASSES BASED ON LIBXML++ CLASSES IN A PROPRIETARY FILE DOES NOT MAKE SUCH PROPRIETARY FILE A WORK BASED ON LIBXML++, PROVIDED THAT SUCH PROPRIETARY FILE IS NOT ITSELF A LIBRARY"

My personnal opinion is that this point is ok, and if adding it to the license as a clarification allows more people to use libxml++, I'd like to do it.

However before making any decision, I want to have some other points of view, especially if some of you disagree.

Best Regards,

Christophe de Vienne