Re: [libxml++] extensibility problems with libxml++

Varun Sekhri a écrit :

hi, yes I have to access that doc pointer, declared in
Document class as private. Please tell me more about
cobj() , which can give the access to a private
member, and allow me to make changes in the document
and hash table associated with it for registering the
ID type attributes.
http://libxmlplusplus.sourceforge.net/reference/2.7/html/classxmlpp_1_1Document.html#a16
This function is here for cases like yours, when a quick addition of a mapping is not possible, but the use of a libxml functionnality is required. Of course it somehow breaks the encapsulation, but from a pragmatic point of view, it's worth it.

or again, there might be another approach to go. my
problem is that i have to use libxml++, because of
another library built using libxml++.
It is the simpliest approach possible. In a long term view, you still can propose a patch for a mapping addition, which will be included in the next api version.

Regards,