Re: [libxml++] Putting values in a decent data structure

Daniel Holbach a écrit :

Hello everyone,

I want to read a XML file and stick into a data structure of my own; I
need bits of it across my whole project, so passing around NodeSets
seems to be a no-go and not the appropriate option, but maybe I'm wrong.

What makes you think it's inappropriate ? As long as your structures and your xml tree are organised in a similar way, I'd say that using xpath expressions is a bit overkill.

<snip>
I libxml2-xml-schema-validated it, got the appropriate NodeSet via ns = rootNode->find("//datasource/descendant::*"); and begin iterating over it: for(xmlpp::NodeSet::iterator it=ns.begin();it!=ns.end();++it)

The problem is, to know when which ddd-list is finished, to add it to
the bbb one. Maybe there's a clever trick and I don't see or maybe my
"design" is crap. I even appreciate flames, so thanks alot in advance.

Either use the NodeLists, either make more precise xpath expression.