[libxml++] Converting a xmlChar* to a char*

ok, I know that this is LibXML++ list, not LibXML, but I figured that
someone on here would know the answer just as fast, and I wouldn't have
to join another list (Yeah, I'm being lazy)

What's the best way to convert a xmlChar* to something that can be
passed as a char*?  Yes, I do realize that it's probably going to
involve a copy routine to do the translation from Unicode.  (I need to
run data through atod/atof to convert it to numbers)

Thanks,

Luciano