[libxml++] LibXML++ Min Requirements/ diff between 1 & 2.7?

What are the ABSOLUTE minimum requirements for using this package?
I know the requirements stated for version 2.6 & Higher on the sourceforge
site are libxml2 & glibmm-2.4, but glibmm-2.4 seems to require the GTK+
library, which creates more overhead.  The site mentions using a subset of
glibmm-2.4 that contains Glib::ustring but doesn't expand any further on how
to do this.

Also- What are the major differences between V1.0 & V2.7?  I'm looking at
the potential of using the old version because of it's lower dependencies.

Thank you,

Luciano Moretti