RE: [Re: [libxml++] UTF8 support]

> From: Jonathan Wakely [mailto:cow compsoc man ac uk]

> A simple solution would be for the library to provide all the
> common instantiations (glib::ustring, QString etc.) and
> conditionally compile them according to options to configure
> (--with-ustring, --with-qstring).

Conditional compilation should be avoided. We should expect that libs will
be distributed in binary form, and only one form of the library will be
distributed.

Also, it confuses the dependency tree - Applications should be able to
depend on a particular version of a library, without having to worry about
how that library was built.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net