Re: [libxml++] libxml++ on win32 domparser problem

Ephraim Vider wrote:
Hi,
I successfully compiled xml++ (0.20) on windows using msvc 6 and the pre built
version of libxml2 2.5.1 for windows.
the basics seem to work, but I am truly baffled with domparser..
The example in dom_parser crashes because parser.get_root_node() returns 0. Actually I am not surprised that this happens because I can't figure out how and when the _private
member should have been initialized to point to an Element.
Can someone explain how this code is supposed to work?

libxml++ is a wrapper around libxml2. The latter provides a callback
mechanism to notify the wrapper whenever a xmlNode is created/destroyed.
In document.cc a function 'construct' is registered with libxml2 that is
responsible to allocate wrapper objects, pointed to by the various _private
members.

Please test whether the Document::Init constructor is actually called, as
this is the place where the callbacks are initialized. It seems that isn't
working right for you. May be this is a bug in msvc 6 not initializing the
Document::_init object...

Regards,
		Stefan