[libxml++] libxml++ on win32 domparser problem

Hi,

I successfully compiled xml++ (0.20) on windows using msvc 6 and the pre built
version of libxml2 2.5.1 for windows.
the basics seem to work, but I am truly baffled with domparser..

The example in dom_parser crashes because parser.get_root_node() returns 0.
Actually I am not surprised that this happens because I can't figure out how and when the _private
member should have been initialized to point to an Element.

Can someone explain how this code is supposed to work?

Thanks,
-eff