Re: [libxml++] xmlpp::DomParser w/ multiple files
- From: Christophe de Vienne <cdevienne alphacent com>
- To: libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: [libxml++] xmlpp::DomParser w/ multiple files
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:47:19 +0200
Le Lundi 9 Juin 2003 14:07, Daniel Hedlund a écrit :
> Your group's project is great and I'm helping by using the libraries
> and giving feedback.
Thanks for your interest in libxml++
> I'm not sure if
> there is already something implemented in xmlpp yet but it would be great
> if you could be able to "detach" or
> copy a node (ie. the root node) from the parser so when the parser goes
> to open up a second file that the
> original parsed node tree will still exist?
> 1. Open up XML file 1 (xml1)
> 2. Detach the root node from the parser (rn1)
> 3. Open up XML file 2 (xml2)
> 4. still have access to rn1
There is no such feature for now.
To do so there is two ways :
1. Add a function to DomParser to detach a Document from the parser and avoid
it to be released by the DomParser
for example :
2. Give the possibility to detach any node (and all its children) from a tree,
and to attach it anywhere we want. These could be done with functions like
Node::attach_node(Node *) / Node::detach_node(Node *).
The 1. should be quite trivial to implement, a patch would be very welcome.
2. implies more reflexion. If someone has ideas on how to do that and want to
propose a patch, we can discuss it.
] [Thread Prev