Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] coding style issues

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 17:13, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> 2) 'using foomethod;' in derived class declaration:
>     Murray suggests people may not be familiar with that concept.
>     The goal of this shortcut is to drag base class methods into the
>     derived class. A more lengthy way would be to write
>     'foomethod() { BaseClass::foomethod();}

I don't see the point of this if the base class's implementation isn't
even used by the base class. I would just put the implementation in the
derived class where it's public. The public API would not be any
different and the implementation would be simpler.

murray usa net