Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] parametrizing libxml++ for the character /string type

Christophe de Vienne wrote:

Hope this makes some sense to you.

A lot of. But the change you suggest in the way _TextNode would be implemented is big : at this time, the libxml2 types (xmlNode in this case) are used only are read/write time, not to store the datas while manipulating nodes.

exactly, which is (part of) why I suggest in the other thread to use
xmlNode as the implementation ubiquitously.

But I like much the idea so I see two options :
- doing exactly the way you did, but this means rethink completely the way Node is implemented - Keep the idea of a templated class, but with no parent class, and string_type as the content type.

yes, both would work for the actual issue. But I'd suggest to use
xmlNode for other issues, tue (notably to really delegate whatever we
can down to libxml2, such as xpath lookups).

[snip]

This way we wouldn't have to modify too much the current implementation, unless we decide that it's better to rely on libxml2 types to store datas.

yes, understood. Well, I'll play a bit with an implementation as
suggested, and then send in more suggestions. Based
on that we can then discuss whether and how to do the migration.

Sounds good ?

Stefan