Re: [libxml++] Branch status

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 23:58, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> I see on dom directory in the examples.

Yes. It seems to be an example of both the path stuff and the
insert_child/append_child stuff. Maybe we should have 2 examples
instead, and they should have descriptive names.

> > 2002-02-03  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
> >
> > 	* libxml++/node.h, libxml++/parsers/saxparser.[h,cc],
> > 	examples/sax_parser/*.[h,cc], examples/sax_exception/*.[h,cc]:
> > 	SaxParser::AttributeMap is now a map<string, string>.
> >
> > I don't know why this change was made.
> >

> It's because Attribute is now a Node and that SaxParser shouldn't know what is
> a Node nor an attribute. We had discussed this with Stefan a few days ago.
> If Attribute herit from Node in the stable branch, then we should probably add
> this too.

Yes. Done.

> > 2002-02-03  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
> >
> > 	* libxml++/node.h: add child_iterators for simple C++ style
> > 	iteration (to get eventually rid of NodeList)
> >
> > This is still being discussed so maybe it should be reverted.
> >

> We can decide what to do about it when we finish discussing this point, unless
> we report any decision about iterators in API.

I prefer not to have unfinished code in cvs, but you are the maintainer.

> > 2002-02-04  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
> >
> > 	* libxml++/node.[h,cc]: add new insert_child and append_child methods
> > 	(using new iterators),
>
> This should depends on child_iterators

So I haven't applied it.

> > add get_path and find methods for xpath lookup
>
> but this not.
> I do agree to add it to 1.0.

Done.

> > 	* examples/dom: new example code to illustrate the new features
>
> This example uses xpath stuffs and iterators.
> We can put it in 1.0 after removing iterators illustration.

Yes. See above.

The branches are now the same apart from the still-being-discussed
iterator API additions and the needs-to-be-split "dom" example.

murray usa net