Re: [libxml++] Branch status

Le Jeudi 6 Février 2003 22:46, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> I have extracted and reapplied the changes that Stefan made that have
> now been approved, with some minor code changes, and with code style
> changes. A merge of the branches seems possible.
>
> The attached patch shows the current difference between the branches.
> This seems to be descibed by the following 3 ChangeLog entries. It also
> mentioned a new sub-directory "dom" in the Makefile.am, but this is
> unexplained and there is no such directory in cvs.

I see on dom directory in the examples.

> 2002-02-03  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
>
> 	* libxml++/node.h, libxml++/parsers/saxparser.[h,cc],
> 	examples/sax_parser/*.[h,cc], examples/sax_exception/*.[h,cc]:
> 	SaxParser::AttributeMap is now a map<string, string>.
>
> I don't know why this change was made.

It's because Attribute is now a Node and that SaxParser shouldn't know what is
a Node nor an attribute. We had discussed this with Stefan a few days ago.
If Attribute herit from Node in the stable branch, then we should probably add
this too.

> 2002-02-03  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
>
> 	* libxml++/node.h: add child_iterators for simple C++ style
> 	iteration (to get eventually rid of NodeList)
>
> This is still being discussed so maybe it should be reverted.

We can decide what to do about it when we finish discussing this point, unless
we report any decision about iterators in API.

> 2002-02-04  Stefan Seefeld <seefeld sympatico ca>
>
> 	* libxml++/node.[h,cc]: add new insert_child and append_child methods
> 	(using new iterators),

This should depends on child_iterators

> add get_path and find methods for xpath lookup

but this not.
I do agree to add it to 1.0.

> 	* examples/dom: new example code to illustrate the new features

This example uses xpath stuffs and iterators.
We can put it in 1.0 after removing iterators illustration.

Cheers,