Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] resume of one day's work

Hey Rolf,

Rolf Dubitzky wrote:

Murray did a lot of work to revive libxml++ development and to get it to an API stable version! But, I also think it might be a good idea to go towards a real libxml-wrapper, rather than a half reimplementation. But kind, gentle, and after 1.0 ?

sure. Indeed, I didn't know how many people currently used libxml++, and thus how big an impact my proposed changes would be. I think that the change with the biggest impact is the 'paradigm shift' away from a library implementing itself a dom, towards a thin libxml2 wrapper.

In that light, I would really suggest we roll back *all* changes from my
side, i.e. branch for a 1.0-release using the version just before my
first patch went in. I think that, while quite limitted feature-wise,
this is a consistent and self-contained version.

My patch and subsequent checkins all work towards a different goal, so their stabilization may make a good target for the next milestone (1.2, say).

Doing this would allow the 1.0 branch to stabilize, while not halting
future evolution of the developmental branch. And, Murray, be assured,
I'll wait with any future checkins for you to be back so we can make sure we have a common vision of where all this is heading.

Looking forward to a constructive and open-minded discussion,

Stefan