Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Parser abstraction

Le Samedi 1 Février 2003 16:42, Stefan Seefeld a écrit :
> Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> > Moreover, I personnaly think that having a DomParser class makes more
> > natural the fact to have several parser working at the same time.
>
> I don't understand that. Again, generating a document object doesn't
> involve any state that justifies a parser *object*. Even the parser options
> you are talking about could well be put into the 'create_document' function
> arguments (with sensible default values).

There is one case, which we did not implement yet although, that justify
having a state : libxml propose an interface, xmlParseChunk, that allow to
parse a document by small pieces. With a Parser class it will be easy and
natural to have, for exemple, two parsers building two document at the same
time without interfering. Even if it's a rare case, there is not much to do
to make it possible with a parser object, while having a function would force
us to add a state.

Regards,