Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] plans

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 13:50, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very happy to see, that this project is alive again.  It is very
> intuitive and simple. I used libxml++ for quite a while now and I would like
> to benefit from the changes.
> One thing that is important for me (and I see from the recent postings here is
> also important for you) is API stability. So I would like to know if anbody
> here has detailed plans on how the API is going to change and when there
> would be a good chance of the API staying stable for a while.

I am working on this so that I can have an API-stable and
redistributable C++ XML parser one day.

I expect the API to change massively, but with the aim of having a
stable-because-its-good API as soon as possible. That's what worked for
gtkmm2. It's too early to say exactly what it will look like - we need
to do gradual refactoring of the existing API and some investigation
into the C API first. If you don't like that then just use an old
release.

murray usa net