Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Re: libxml: Offer of help

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 18:06, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> > The versioned directory and pkg-config are interdependent. And I've
> > already done them. I just need to correct the old -config/m4 system too,
> > and I can commit i.
>
> Ok. So let's go :)

Committed. See the ChangeLog for details.

> > I mean that you don't always make a ChangeLog entry when you make
> > changes in the project.
>
> oups sorry. I though I did it correctly for the release I did.

Your use of the ChangeLog is more like what might go in the NEWS file,
to be used in release annoucements. The ChangeLog should contain details
of every cvs commit, so that you don't need to remember what happened.

For instance:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/libxml2/ChangeLog
and
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtkmm-root/base/NEWS

I generally write those NEWS entries before every release, by reading
the ChangeLog entries that have built up.

murray usa net