Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] newbie question: libxml++ vs. xerces-C++

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 20:12, Ed Hill wrote:
>   1) Does (or can) libxml++ do validation while parsing?  I'm writing
>      DTDs for my data sets and would prefer a validating parser.

Not yet, I think, though libxml can do validation.

>   2) Xerces-C++ seems to use Unicode while libxml doesn't.  Should I
>      care?  Or am I missing something?

libxml does use Unicode (UTF8) in its API, but libxml++ currently uses
std::string, which is not meant for UTF8. In future we will use
Glib::ustring from glibmm, currently part of gtkmm:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1ustring.html

I think that Xerces-C++ currently uses UTF8 via a bare char* so they
don't make it any easier either.

murray usa net