Re: How do you deal with lengthy server tasks?

Ok,

So far I got it working. I am doing it asynchronously, which seems to be working pretty well.

Since I am carrying my SoupMessage with me from the server callback (whether it is to a thread or an
asynchronous cb), occasionally I will get: soup_server_unpause_message: assertion 'SOUP_IS_MESSAGE (msg)'
failed. Gdb may step in and halt the execution; which is completely understandable.

Because I am out of the server-callback I currently don't know if the SoupMessage is still 'valid'.
How can I determine that the SoupMessage is still in the game?

Best regards,
Biz

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.