regarding scaling libsoup server

Hello,

I am building a websocket application using libsoup. During my testing I observed the cpu which runs the main loop getting pegged at around 300 websocket connections and beyond ~1000 connections I am observing client connection failures.

Is there a way to spread the connections across all the cpus? or is it by design all libsoup functions needs to be executed in the same thread?

I also see from perf top that more than 30 percent of the time is spend on g_list_sort_with_data(). I have an i5-4440S CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 threads) and 16G RAM. While the cpu running main loop is getting pegged the other 3 cores are more or less idling.

Any thoughts on scaling libsoup to make use of all the cores?

Thank you
Allen