Re: Libsoup 2.48 compatibility with latest Glib

On 05/11/2016 07:02 AM, Guru Prasad wrote:
Hi All,

I am a long time user of Libsoup for parsing XML-RPC requests.

With the latest version of Glib-2.0, i found that the datatype
GValueArray and its corresponding functions have been deprecated.
And they have recommended to use GArray as a replacement.

But even on the latest version of libsoup, i could see only GValueArray
is used.

Kindly help me to use LibSoup with the latest version of Glib.
Please suggest in case of any workarounds for this.

GValueArray still exists in GLib, it's just not recommended for new
APIs. You can use the G_GNUC_BEGIN_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS /
G_GNUC_END_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS annotations around code using GValueArray
to prevent gcc warnings about it.

Additionally, in libsoup 2.52 and later, there is a new XML-RPC API
based on GVariant rather than GValue.

-- Dan