Re: Authentication - missing authenticate signal

On 10/23/2012 03:19 AM, tomw wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> trying to get some file from a server, protected by username and
> password I was trying to hook up to the authenticate signal to call then
> the authenticate method on the provided Auth Object. The issue however
> is, that I do not get the authenticate signal and the message finishes
> with 401 (Unauthorized), with the TlsCertificateFlags set to 1
> (BAD_IDENTITY).

GTlsCertificateFlags is unrelated to HTTP authentication... are you sure
the site isn't expecting you to use TLS client certificate
authentication? (which isn't currently possible with libsoup)

Alternatively, if you're getting a 401 response but the session never
emits ::authenticate, it's possible that the server's response is
syntactically invalid in some way. (Eg, it doesn't include a "realm"
parameter in the WWW-Authenticate line.)

-- Dan