Re: SoupSession: "request-queued" and disabling message features

On 04/19/2011 01:31 PM, Kenny Sanders wrote:
> It's actually not hanging -- after using tcpdump, the request is never
> being sent -- there are no outbound tcp or udp requests. According to
> the documentation, you can't disable certain features _after_ queuing.
> When in a callback for the 'request-queued' signal, at what stage is
> the message being processed? i.e. is this immediately before the
> message is queued or after the message has been queued?

Again, it is not well-defined, but in practice, disabling proxy_resolver
ought to work.

After some quick testing: if you disable SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_URI_RESOLVER,
it works as expected. If you disable SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER, it has no
effect, which I guess makes sense since that's the old deprecated API.
(I was thinking it would work anyways due to inheritance, but I was
confused.)

So, change your code to disable SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_URI_RESOLVER, and it
should work.

-- Dan