SoupSession: "request-queued" and disabling message features

Is it possible to hook into the "request-queued" [1] signal and then call:
   soup_message_disable_feature(message, SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER);
?

If not, is there a signal that occurs before "request-queued" so that one can disable a feature like SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER? I've tried doing it in my callback for "request-queued", but my program hangs -- I'm wondering if I'm running into this issue:

"You must call this before queueing msg on a session; calling it on a message that has already been queued is undefined." [2]

I'd like to act on my message before it's queued so that I can disable certain features.

Cheers,
kenny

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/libsoup/stable/SoupSession.html#SoupSession-request-queued
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/libsoup/stable/SoupMessage.html#soup-message-disable-feature