Re: how can i set server_name_indication extesion for my TLS connection ?

On 06/17/2009 11:53 AM, Roberto Martelloni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to figure out how to use libsoup to write an https proxy.

What exactly do you mean by that?

If you want to write an HTTP proxy that is capable of implementing the
CONNECT method, that's not (currently) possible, because you need to
basically "steal" the SoupSocket from SoupServer in that case, and
there's no existing API that would let you do that.

> Is there in libsoup a set of functions call to do what i do with the
> gnutls function "gnutls_server_name_set()" ?

libsoup's support for doing anything "clever" with SSL is pretty
minimal. It's possible this will change in the future.

I'd suggest you file a bug report at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ (libsoup
product), explaining exactly what you want to do, and suggesting the
sort of API that could be added that would let you do it. No guarantees
on *when* any SSL improvements might be made, but having something in
bugzilla guarantees that if we do fix up SSL, we'll take that use case
into account and make sure the new APIs can handle it.

-- Dan