Re: GIOChannel subclassing in libsoup

> Unfortunately it seems that the only related API usable from C is
> "WinHTTP", which, as the name indicates, only handles HTTP (optionally
> with SSL). I didn't find any Microsoft API to wrap SSL around an
> arbitrary TCP connection,

One thing that is unclear to me is: is libsoup for HTTP -style
protocols only (as it says in the README file, and on
http://live.gnome.org/LibSoup), or can it also be used for generic
socket connections?

If libsoup is for HTTP only, then if one wanted to use more "native"
API on Windows, the thing to do would be to replace libsoup in whole
with a thin wrapper around WinHTTP? Nah, probably not worth the
effort.

--tml