Re: GIOChannel subclassing in libsoup

>> it should be possible to have a separate implementation of the
>> soup-ssl.h interface for Windows, if there's some native SSL API...)

> Good idea.[...] Time to browse the SDK documentation.

Unfortunately it seems that the only related API usable from C is
"WinHTTP", which, as the name indicates, only handles HTTP (optionally
with SSL). I didn't find any Microsoft API to wrap SSL around an
arbitrary TCP connection, except in managed libraries from .NET. I
would love to be proved wrong, of course...

--tml