Re: [sigc] Using GitHub Actions (MSVC build)

On Wed, 2019-10-02 at 10:25 +0100, Stuart Dootson wrote:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 10:23, Stuart Dootson <stuart dootson gmail com
wrote:
There's no problem with the tests per-se - the problem is that the
sigc dll is not in the same directory as the test executables. The
DLL is in <cmake-build-dir>/sigc++/<Debug/Release>, while the EXEs
are in <cmake-build-dir>/tests/<Debug/Release>.

So, options are:

1. Change the PATH to include the DLL directory before running the
tests
2. Copy the DLL to the EXE directory as a post-build action - that
can be done with CMake, something like adding this bit of CMake to
the function add_sigcpp_test:

  add_custom_command(
    TARGET ${test_name}
    POST_BUILD
    COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy
        $<TARGET_FILE:sigc-${SIGCXX_API_VERSION}>
        ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
    VERBATIM
  )

3. Build all targets (DLL & test executables) into the same output
directory with something like this bit of CMake:
if(MSVC)
    set(CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/bin)
endif()

I ought to clarify that this should be added to the root
CMakeList.txt, just after the "project (sigc++)" line.

Hope that's of some help...

Thanks. Trying option 3 (putting everything in one bin/ directory)
seems to work, but I find the changes a bit messy:
https://github.com/libsigcplusplus/libsigcplusplus/pull/31

Option 1 (changing the PATH) seems to be the simplest and most correct
way to do it, but I haven't found quite the correct CMake incantation:
https://github.com/libsigcplusplus/libsigcplusplus/pull/32

If you have a Windows system, maybe you could checkout out that branch
and try it out, please.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com