Re: [sigc] Move to GitHub?

This might be something to consider... a week ago I found that I couldn't push my projects to GitHub any more (although I could still pull). After a bit of research I found this notice from 1st Feb 2018:-

https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

It seems that GitHub now requires a specific version of Transport Layer Security (TLSv1.2). I updated my local version of git and presto, pushes started to work again - BUT - other people can't pull my projects any more unless they also update to TLSv1.2 (in other words, there's a ripple effect here).

I'm worried about what might happen now if I push something to a project that's -not- hosted at GitHub. Will that then prevent others from being able to pull from that other project?

I'm just about to contact GitHub so I'll report back if I get any response from them.

John