Re: [sigc] sigc++ error during GTKmm cross-compilation

I guess you have already noticed that your error messages come from the typedefs in code sections such as this one:

#ifdef SIGC_TYPEDEF_REDEFINE_ALLOWED
  /** This typedef is only for backwards-compatibility.
   * It is not available when using the SUN Forte compiler.
   * @deprecated slot_list_type;
   */
  typedef slot_list_type slot_list;
#endif

This code was deleted 2007-08-14, and it does not exist in libsigc++ version 2.1.1 and later. You seem to have very old code.
You can try to do as recommended in comments near the beginning of signal.h, i.e. comment out
  #define SIGC_TYPEDEF_REDEFINE_ALLOWED 1
I don't guarantee that it will solve your problems, but it's worth trying.

//SIGC_TYPEDEF_REDEFINE_ALLOWED:
// TODO: This should have its own test, but I can not create one that gives the error instead of just a warning. murrayc.
// I have just used this because there is a correlation between these two problems.
#ifdef SIGC_TEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION_OPERATOR_OVERLOAD
  //Compilers, such as older versions of SUN Forte C++, that do not allow this also often
  //do not allow a typedef to have the same name as a class in the typedef's definition.
  //For Sun Forte CC 5.7 (SUN Workshop 10), comment this out to fix the build.
  #define SIGC_TYPEDEF_REDEFINE_ALLOWED 1
#endif

You sent your email 6 days ago, and I received it just a few hours ago. Is that because you are not a member of libsigc-list? If you don't want to become a member, but still want to continue this discussion, I will get your messages much faster if you send them both to me and to the list.

Kjell