[sigc] How to test for libsigc++ with CMake?

I've started a small pet project with the purpose of getting acquainted with cmake, and I intended to use libsigc++ on that project. Yet, I failed to get a hold of a way to write cmake scripts that test if libsigc++ is present in a system, which version is present and include it in the build process.

As far as I could tell, cmake relies on Find scripts to include libraries, which tend to not be provided at all, and it appears it doesn't support standard tools such as pkg-config.

So, does anyone have any experience using libsigc++ with cmake projects?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel