Re: [sigc] is possible make the emission of a signal private for a particular class?

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 20:02 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> your question seems quite confused. but to take a guess: if the signal
> is
> declared with public visibility then anyone can emit the signal:

But if it's protected or private then no other class can connect to it.
I would find this useful too. gtkmm's signal proxies can't be emitted
from outside the class, but pure sigc::signals can be, I think.

I'm not sure that Qt's signals can't be emitted by other classes, though
I'd like to know for sure.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com