Re: [sigc] libsigc++ project status - is it dead?

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 22:48 +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While looking for a C++ signalt and slots library to use together with
> SDL and a few other bits, I stumbled across libsigc++.
>
> I've read through the documentation and managed to build a few small
> test apps using the library and I like it very much.  But there's one
> thing that concerns me, the project seems to be dead.  The last 2.0.17
> release is from 20-Dec-2005

It's not completely bug-free, but obviously the open bugs are not so
serious that anyone has worked on them. Mostly it just works well
enough.

>  and there's almost no traffic on the
> mailing list.

I hope this is because our documentation is good enough and because it's
a small simple API.

>   This makes me a bit worried - if I start using the
> library in serious projects it would be nice to know if it's still a
> live project or if it has been abandoned.

It's a dependency of gtkmm, and part of the GNOME Platform Bindings
release sets. It's not going to stop working, and if it did, there's
lots of people who would need to fix it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com