Re: [sigc] Proposal for standardization in C++ Library TR2
- From: Doug Gregor <dgregor cs indiana edu>
- To: libsigc++ list <libsigc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [sigc] Proposal for standardization in C++ Library TR2
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:25:00 -0500
On Jul 26, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Carl Nygard wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 17:12 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:57 -0500, Douglas Gregor wrote:
On Jul 26, 2005, at 6:37 AM, Murray Cumming wrote:
This sounds great to me. Hopefully you can get the document
someone who's experienced with this?
Sure. Some mundanities:
1) We need version control. If you two send me your sourceforge IDs,
can use the boost-sandbox CVS repository at:
Mine is murrayc
2) Any documentation format preferences? LaTeX, HTML,
Plain HTML might just be easiest...
I tend to use docbook, but I can adapt to anything. A wiki would also
nice, but it's not essential.
Sourceforge id: cjnygard
Both of you now have read/write access to the boost-sandbox CVS. I've
placed a thin skeleton in committee/sigslot/proposal.html. Yep, I
wimped out and went with raw HTML, but we can change it if we have to.
So, here's big question #1:
What the heck do we call a signal? I'd like to call it "signal", but
that name is already taken in namespace "std". Some other ideas, in no
1) publisher (and "subscriber", for slots)
4) multifunction (since there's a "function" already in tr1)
5) subject (and "observer", for slots; probably too generic)
] [Thread Prev