Re: [sigc] ANNOUNCE: libsigc++ 2.0.4

Am 01.09.2004 10:53:36 schrieb(en) Asko Kauppi:

Imho, the 2.x series could be for proper compilers, only.

I've tried to get the earlier release working with VC++ 6.0 and eVC++
4.0, which both seem to sport the same underlying machinery.

Successful builds with current cvs were reported with the c++ compiler of Visual Studio .Net 2003. I will clearify this in the 2.0.5 release notes that will come later today. Which version of "VC++" would that be? And is there a version of eVC++ that shares the underlying machinery of the .Net 2003 c++ compiler?

The template support of the older versions is too poor to work with libsigc++-2.0.

Regards,

 Martin

All in
all, it was not worth the fight.  Personally, I'd even like future
versions to limit their supported set of compilers to those that
really
100% work. This would also reduce the amount of headache and time
spent
by the developers.

> If I had time I'd go looking for it myself but I don't,
unfortunately.

Well, how come we expect that from others, then? ;)

-ak

1.9.2004 kello 10:55, Roel Vanhout kirjoitti:

  Martin Schulze wrote:
>> *** Changes:
>> 2.0.4:
>> * Fixes for MSVC to build a DLL out-of-the-box (James Lin).
>
> I just tested it but it doesn't. Apart from the fact that you need
> copy the sigc++config.h.in to sigc++config.h, there is a problem
with
> the creation of the exports file (the .lib) that goes with the dll.
> tried (to test) to circumvent that by creating a static library but
> that
> gives me a bunch of linker errors in the current configuration. The
dll
> way is the way to go though; James, can you comment on how you
created
> the exports file? Maybe we can add that in a custom build
> step. If I had time I'd go looking for it myself but I don't,
> unfortunately.
>
> cheers,
>
> roel
>

>> * Improved compiler specific configuration during 'configure'.
>> * Added rpm description file libsigc++-2.0.spec (Eric Bourque).
>> * Minor documentation improvements (Murray Cumming).
>> * Resolved bugs: #147311 #147313 #147391 #144846 #145541
>>

>> *** Download:
>>
>> libsigc++ is available for download here:
>> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libsigc++/2.0/
>> http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> A reference documentation for libsigc++ 2.0 can be found here:
>> http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/libsigc2/docs/
>>

>> *** Known issues:
>>
>> * This release has only been tested with gcc-3.3. It should
>> at least also compile with:
>> - gcc >= 3.2
>> - cygwin (gcc >= 3.2)
>> - mingw32
>> - Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003
>> - Sun Forte C++ compiler >= 5.5
>> - Intel compiler
>> Please report any troubles you encounter with these compilers!
>> You are also invited to try a compiler that is not listed above.
>>
>> * When the compatibility module is used with "using namespace
SigC",