Re: [sigc] Re: Return values in libsigc++ 2.0

> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 18:51 +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>> A solution would be transfer some code from sigc::signalN::emit() into
>> sigc::internal::signal_emitN::emit() which has a specialization for the
>> case that no accumulator is specified. The behaviour would only change
>> for the case that an accumulator is specified: the accumulator's
>> operator() would always be called like it was the case for marshallers
>> in 1.2. I think we could consider this as a bug fix so it could go into
>> libsigc++-2.0.2 which could be released in a few days time. Does this
>> sound like a reasonable plan?
>
> Will this involve API addition or API change?

external API: No: It is not documented (->
http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/libsigc2/docs/reference/html/classsigc_1_1signal_1_1accumulated.html
) that the custom accumulator is not executed when an emtpy signal is
emitted and it used to be executed in libsigc++-1.2.

internal API (namespace sigc::internal): Yes: The parameter list of
sigc::internal::signal_emitN::emit() would change (template code).

Regards,

  Martin