Re: [sigc] Interesting minor libsigc++ 2 problems

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 11:34, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Am 2004.02.15 05:23 schrieb(en) Jeff Franks:
> > [snip]
> > Murray Cumming wrote:
> >> 2. In libsigc++ 1.2 you can override a method like so:
> >>  void do_something(const Slot0<void>& slot);
> >>  void do_something(const Slot1<void, int>& slot);
> >> but in libsigc++ 2 that is ambiguous when you try to call
> >> do_something().
> >>
> >> Sorry for not giving actual compiler errors - I'm rushed.
> >>
> > This is  a problem. I haven't written any overloaded functions that
> > take a sigc::slot argument and so I never picked up on this before.
>
> -> Solved in cvs (see my other mails).
>  Thanks for pointing out the
> problem. Keep reporting any troubles you have with the new API!

Thanks a lot Martin. I didn't actually expect it to be fixed - that's
great.

I already added the workarounds in the gnomemm code in a few places. I
guess they do no harm, and it means that they build with libsigc++
1.9.14.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com