Re: libseed-list Call a Vala Function from Javascript

Hey Andrew,

Le vendredi 20 mai 2011 à 10:16 +0100, Andrew a écrit :
> Thanks for your help so far :)

np

> So you recommend to use JavaScript Core for this instead of Seed? I am
> fine with this recommendation, as long as it is the right one :)

Well, Seed sits on top of JavaScriptCore and provides thin wrappers
around the previously mentionned methods.
The real added value of Seed is its facilities to expose
gobject-introspection symbols (class, enum, namespaces...) within a js
context.

In your simple use-case of exposing a native function, you might prefer
depending on JavascriptCore/webkit-gtk only. The methods names look
alien in GObject word but the API stability is fully guaranted.

If later, you intent to expose classes, instances... You might want to
use seed.

You could replace:
JSObjectMakeFunctionWithCallback by seed_make_function
JSObjectSetProperty by seed_object_set_property