Re: libseed-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7

I took the uri I used with the C example which successfully played a
music mp3 files as well as the below code line and added it to the
program that still did not work i.e. there was no music coming from
speakers.

It may mean there could be a problem with the playbin/playbin factory
element rather than uri handling? I don't mean this to be a criticism
but the gstreamer framework is a bit complicated for doing simple tasks
like playing media files so I am going to print out the GObject & G
GStreamer reference manuals and study them rather than my usual approach
of jumping in at the deep end and tinkering with the code until I get it
(which I think will be quicker!!)