libseed-list questions about libseed and javascriptcore in general

Hello.

I managed to build seed on ubuntu 9.04 without much trouble. I am
impressed and I have a very, very good feeling that seed will catch
on. So, what are the major issues remaining before I can begin hyping
this awesome technology? ;)

Some background -- I've been working with the spidermonkey API for
some time and was looking to dive into JavaScriptCore. The nice thing
about spidermonkey is that there is a nice package available so that
getting started embedding is a breeze. I struggled for a while with
building trying to build a simple hello world type app using the jsc
API, but failed (what I really wanted was a nice "-dev" type package
with shared library/header files for jsc). I had given up until I
found your project.

i read that the only dependencies are webkit and
gobject-introspection. does that mean that *in-theory* I can use
libseed without the higher level gtk/gnome levels of the stack? the
reason I ask is that I would like to use the libseed API on servers
and embedded systems without X. If the answer is no, then I have a
side question: what do you recommend as the path of least resistance
towards using the javascriptcore api directly (without seed)? do you
think there is ever a chance of getting just the engine/API split out
of webkit as a separate package? is that something that people might
be receptive to?

in other words, this is all I want to do right now:
write some C code defines a print() function in the global context and
then evaluate "print('hello world')". I *can* get this to work using
the PPA packages you guys provide -- but it segfaults when i call
JSGarbageCollect at the end :(

Christian