Re: Gee Problems porting to libgee 0.7.90

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 00:30 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I'm working to por LIBGDA's Vala extensions to libgee 0.7.90, but
> found some problems. See at:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda/commit/?id=a54fbdf67029d1db8ceb9e383186f23abe457c7c
>
> libgda/data/RecordCollection.vala, is a collection implementing  a
> Traversable both class and Iterator, they implement their own chop()
> function witch must be used due to "default" one in libgee doesn't
> work for them.
>
> I've added chop() implementation in both class RecordCollection and
> RecordCollectionIterator, but no one is called but the Traversable.
> I've added some printf() commands to know what function is called
> libgda's ones or Traversable ones, and found the last.
>
> Could you help me to find the problem.
>
> I'm trying to reproduce the problem with simple classes, but they
> works as expected.
>
> If you found this is a problem in Vala or libgee, I'll file a bug
> against.

Sorry - I haven't had the time to look into it fully. From what I
understend:

1. chop() function does not work for you - does it work for standard
collections? What behaviour are you observing? (I have problem running
test - I got massive critical warnings)
2. if you override the chop() the libgee version still gets called

In case 1) it looks like libgee bug (either code or docs), 2) is
definitely Vala bug.

Best regards